Wednesday, August 13, 2008

“That's my own little hidden miracle…” rally captain shares his story…

This afternoon, I received a beautiful letter from a Rosary Rally captain from Western Pennsylvania. In his letter, he suggested that every rally captain find and recruit a lieutenant or second in command to take over the rally in the years to come in case the initial captain dies, gets sick, moves away, or simply becomes disinterested.

I thought the suggestion was excellent and I realized that this man had a great desire to see the Rosary Rallies grow from year to year and, eventually, to convert more souls to God through the Rosary. So I decided to call him and talk to him personally, which I did.

I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. It turns out that this man and his wife were sitting down one day, talking and wondering out loud if they should accept to be rally captains.

They were going through a list of people who might be the town rally captain. They thought that maybe they could get the rally started and that some else could then take over.

But after a while, the man said he felt called to be a rally captain, "I told my wife that I realized that I was chosen to do this. So I pushed the button and said YES."

The amazing thing about this man is that he is 73 years old and has a serious health condition that makes it very hard for him to walk. He usually takes 5 steps and has to stop to catch his breath.

Well, ever since he started working to get the rosary rally organized in his town, his health has steadily improved. "I don't want to stop my work for the Blessed Mother. I want my health to keep getting better. That's my own little hidden miracle"

I asked him if I could use his story to encourage others to become rally captains (safeguarding his name for privacy reasons), and he said, "of course! Our town was made for the rosary rally with a town square and big gazebo. We’re having a meeting on Saturday to organize the rally. Please pray it works out."

I ask you to pray for this sincere captain who has been very blessed by Our Lady. May his example set others on fire for the Rosary and the salvation of souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment