Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Touching scene of faith as Our Lady's statue leaves Church

DSCN8055

My friend Sergio from Miami sent me this very interesting picture of the departure of the International Pilgrim Virgin State from Saint Raymond's church in that city.

DSCN8054

The lady dressed in blue kneeling down in front of Our Lady, was crying out and pleading with Our Lady in a very loud voice, saying:

"Please my Heavenly Mother, help my sick daughter!  Please! Please!"

DSCN8056

It was really very sincere and emotional display of devotion to the Mother of God.

It reminds me of the scene in the Gospel when the centurion asked our Lord to heal his slave who was on his deathbed, and trusted that Our Lord would do so without having to visit the home where the slave was.  In response to the centurion's faith, we read in scripture:

"Which Jesus hearing, marveled: and turning about to the multitude that followed him, he said: Amen I say to you, I have not found so great faith, not even in Israel."

Here are more pictures of Our Lady's  statue and the people flocking to pray before her.

DSCN8077

DSCN8063

No comments:

Post a Comment