Monday, May 3, 2010

Stunning story of Catholic hero

"An American Knight by Norman Fulkerson tells an inspiring story of a brave soldier and devout Catholic."

-- Maj. Gen. Billy J. Ellis USAF (Ret.)

Order your copy or read a review here

They laughed at me when I told them I had discovered a new role model to admire:  a faithful Catholic, a gentle husband, a combat Marine, and a highly decorated hero.

They told me I was dreaming... that pious Catholics are limp-wristed wimps who don't make good heroes.  Real men -- they insisted -- swear, curse and cheat on their wives. Real celebrities speak on prime-time shows, live in multi-million dollar homes and drive pricey cars.

I was somewhat stumped at first. I thought: "How should I answer them?"

But when I showed them my copy of An American Knight: The Life of Col. John W. Ripley USMC by Norman Fulkerson...
...they were speechless!

I must confess. I didn't need to say much.  I told them about the heroic virtues that guided Col. Ripley's life.  His self-sacrifice.  Suffering.  Valor.  And bravery. 

There was nothing else they could say about Hollywood's false role models.  Nothing.  They had no comeback.

That's why I think you'd appreciate reading An American Knight, which narrates:

  • How Col. Ripley stopped 30,000 North Vietnamese and 200 enemy tanks
  • How he blew up the Dong Ha bridge under extreme adversity while chanting "Jesus, Mary, get me there!" saving countless innocent civilians
  • Why a profound respect for womanhood led him to testify in Congress against placing woman in combat
  • How Col. Ripley was devoted to the holy Rosary, faithful to his wife, and demonstrated great moral courage

Order your copy now

The book is only $14.95.  You will enjoy every page of this hardcover, 218 page book and its 33 illustrations.

The former Commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, General Carl E. Mundy, USMC (Ret) praised the book, saying that Col. Ripley "...was, indeed, a modern day Knight, and a Marine well above 'standard issue.'  Norman Fulkerson has produced a fine book which provides well-deserved tribute to a great man."

At a time when our culture is bereft of good moral role models, this book presents a positive and true example to admire. It will inspire you.

Keep in touch and let me know if you enjoy the book. I've also posted the moving video footage of Col. Ripley's funeral.
With best regards and prayers,


Praise for An American Knight

"This is a must read..."
Col. Wesley Lee Fox, USMC (Ret.)
Medal of Honor Recipient

"An American Knight by Norman Fulkerson tells an inspiring story of a brave soldier and devout Catholic. I believe, as Mr. Fulkerson narrates so well, that his faith in the one true Savior, and in the Church He established, was the source for Colonel Ripley’s brave actions."
Maj. Gen. Billy J. Ellis, USAF (Ret.)

"Because of his compelling and uncommon level of service to this great nation Colonel John Ripley truly deserves to be held up as a role model for all to follow. Norman Fulkerson's book will help ensure this."
Col. Gerald Turley, USMC (Ret.)
Author of The Easter Offensive

"An American Knight by Norman Fulkerson is an outstanding tribute to one of the finest men to ever wear a uniform of the United States of America."
Commander Paul Galanti, USN (Ret.)
POW for seven years

No comments:

Post a Comment