Monday, May 19, 2014

Pro-life, pro-family 17-year-old beats 2-time incumbent in West Virginia

by Teresa Platt

CHARLESTON, WV, May 15, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Running on an explicitly pro-life and pro-family platform, Saira Blair a 17-year-old high school student beat out two-time incumbent Larry Kump to represent the Republicans in the November race for the state House of Delegates. 

Blair, a strong Catholic said on her election signs: “I am a Fiscal Conservative, I’m pro-life. I’m pro-marriage I’m pro-family. I’m pro-second Amendment. I’m pro-business. I’m pro-jobs I’m pro West Virginia. These are my personal and political beliefs!”

On another campaign sign she repeated those same stances adding, “I will not compromise on these beliefs.”

Saira’s father, State Senator Craig Blair, was surprised by the result figuring that his daughter’s age would negatively affect her chances.

The Tuesday primary result saw Blair narrowly overtake Kump 872-728.  She will face Democrat Layne Diehl in November.

In a message to her fellow youth she says: “Why wait till your 40, 50 or 60 to realize that conservative principles are the pathway to prosperity and success.”

No comments:

Post a Comment